Tuesday 14 January 2014

The very best baking book for children

I wanted to tell you about my personal favourite Usborne book: The very best baking book for children.


From the moment I had my hands at this at Usborne HQ I knew I needed a copy in my life and it was the first book I ordered when I arrived home. 

The book is 400 pages long and the most comprehensive children's baking book I have ever seen. I own a lot of baking books (including Mary Berry's) but none of them come close to the quality and variety of recipes that this book contains.

This hardback book contains over 200 child friendly recipes. 

Contents:-

Getting started
Baking basics
Biscuits and cookies
Iced biscuits and cookies
Filled biscuits and cookies
Tray cakes and bakes
Bars and brownies
Meringues and macaroons
Muffins and Whoopie pies
Little cakes
Big cakes
Breads and scones
Pastries and tarts
Baking tips
Toppings and fillings
Icing and piping tips 
Chocolate skills
Decorating ideas
Templates
Allergy advice 

As you can see, this book is very comprehensive and would be a fantastic gift for any beginner baker.

I love the baking basics section which includes advice on how to beat and seperate eggs.


The book is beautifully written and illustrated and the photographs are gorgeous. Knowing how much work and research goes into an Usborne book, I can guess that this book contains years and years of hard work.

The recipes are so tempting I just don't know where to begin! I know that this book will be a form favourite in our house for years and years to come.













The above is just a tiny snapshot of some of the recipes you will find in this book. There are recipes for everyone from toddlers helping to stir through to teens attempting a master piece for their friends birthday.

This high quality book is definitely worth the £17.99 price tag as it is a book you will come back to time after time. These pictures really don't do it any justice and once you have a copy in your hands I promise you won't regret buying it.

















No comments:

Post a Comment